Tuesday, November 2, 2010

something else to worry about??

Okay, so I am sitting at the kitchen table drinking what looks like blood and tastes like shit. Why, you ask? Well, I'll just start from the beginning, and sorry if its TMI.

When I was significantly bloated, I was looking up all things OHSS. One thing said to worry if you couldn't pee. At one point, I had to go, but couldn't. Took a little perseverance and I got there, but that scared me. That only happened once, though so I didn't worry about it, especially since I knew it could happen. (not sure why, the whole OHSS thing is so beyond me).

Fast forward to this past weekend. I spent Saturday at the Rally to Restore Sanity in DC. I had like nothing to drink because going to the bathroom and getting back to my spot wasn't happening. SO, on the way home, about a 2.5 hour drive, we hit a rest stop. I had to pee like a racehorse, as they say. I went in there and nothing happened. I really freaked out. I was in there for a while and got as much out as I could. Then I went back to the car and got on the internet. SO, no blood in urine, check, no other pain, check, can it be a UTI? The d-man said to drink up and maybe I was just dehydrated. Seemed to be the case.

Monday...I drank a lot at work. On my way home I had to go, but hit the usual traffic. Once I got home, SAME DAMN THING. This upset me so I googled again! No other symptoms except that I really have to go and nothing happens, which is seriously uncomfortable. Again, I persevered. It has to be a bladder infection, or UTI, whatever, right? I always thought that happened after sex. Well, sex hasn't happened in THREE MONTHS (not a typo). What the hell? So, since I hate more issues with the doctor, I hit the grocery store. I grabbed two 32 ounce bottles of 100% organic cranberry juice with no sugar and nothing added to it. I brought it to the checkout--$8.99 a bottle! ugh. Can I add this to my taxes for medical expenses (already 17k plus)???

Well, I am HOPING this goes away or is nothing. I am trying to go whenever I get the slightest urge, which is interesting at work. I am drinking the expensive shitty cranberry juice. I did read the pregnancy can also cause a UTI. of course it does.

1 comment:

  1. It could be a UTI.. you don't just get them from sex.. sex just makes bacteria build up into your urethra.. but you can get bacteria up there a number of ways.

    It sounds like each time it happened you REALLY had to pee. Sometimes when I've been holding it and have a really full bladder its much harder to go. Don't know if the muscles have been strained from holding it while full and so its hard to get them to release, or what. Is it also happening just when you go to the bathroom without needing to go urgently?

    ReplyDelete