Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tis the season for germs and looking fat

So, first of all let me just say that I have gained one or two pounds depending on when I weigh myself. I'm not happy about that and I attribute that to birthdays at the office and not going to the gym for three months. I was bloated with hormones, then when I got to stop injecting them, I was good for a week, and now I am friggin bloated again! I don't look pregnant, I look fat. No question about it. And let me tell you, I wasn't thin to begin with. I'd be fine except I have to accept that people at work think I have let myself go, or that's how I see it. I am wondering when this whole belly thing happens, and I PRAY that I can stay sort of fit otherwise...of course I have heard horror stories of other swollen body parts.

Now, just as I got the go ahead to work out, I also got an annoying cough, post-nasal drip, and lots of mucus. I was waiting for it to clear up while I was unable to fall asleep or feel good enough to go anywhere in the morning, and well, it didn't. I called Dr. God's office and the nurse said I could take cold meds and cough drops. I guess that's good, but it didn't do much so I called my GP. I am on Amoxicillin now but who knows how long this will last. Last night I was hacking so hard I made myself throw up. That may be TMI, worse that you all knowing how many times I've had an ultrasound wand up my vagina. Even worse than that, though, is that the d-man got seriously ill last night. Came out of nowhere! Diarrhea, vomiting, now a fever. It's like someone up there really wants us to practice abstinence. His comment this morning was "how can I be a father if I am always sick?" Um, I think everyone is sick once in a while, dude.

Of course we are headed three hours away to see family and friends for Thanksgiving...so let's hope he can fight this off. Let's hope my antibiotics work! I did get to tell my GP that I was pregnant. He knew about the whole IVF thing so I think he was happy about that. He is NOT the Dr. God type.

Well, anyway, here's to health and us finding it! This trip could be quite interesting...

1 comment:

  1. Ick.. I hate being sick and I try to avoid it as much as possible.. Knowing that I'll get sick a ton because a child would scared the crap outta me, lol. Fell better soon and enjoy the holiday (if you're American!).

    ReplyDelete