Wednesday, November 10, 2010

That's an ultrasound? But it's not in my vajay-jay?

Today was the NT testing and the ultrasound at the Antepartum Center. The d-man and I went in and filled out the appropriate paperwork. Oh my god, this was actually covered by insurance. We were asked who are doctor was. I stumbled a bit and said, "well, we don't actually have one, yet but we are seeing Dr. God right now." Okay, she said. Apparently Dr. God has been referring his patients to a specific doctor. I think that was who were were going to go to so we said, sure, that's him.

Anyway, after getting blood from my finger (I hate that), we went in and got a regular ultrasound. I looked at the nurse like why was she here? She kind of laughed and said all of Dr. God's patients expect a vaginal ultrasound. Well, it went pretty well, every measured how it was supposed to. The skin and fluid around the neck were normal, the size was right on, it was moving around. The blood test we'll get back soon. If it's normal, it's a letter, if not, we get a phone call. Now they did say that the other 6 week old embryo that's still kind of just in there may screw up the results a bit, but we'll just have to wait and see. D-man is all about the ultrasound and thinks we can't rely on the blood test but I don't know, I kind of want a clean bill of health.

So, I am feeling a bit better about this. We have an appointment for the 20 week scan. The one doctor said that will check for birth defects. He kept friggin saying that too. I'm looking at it as we get to see the sex. I can't believe it's not until January. UGH!

1 comment:

  1. Glad the results went well. Don't worry, January will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete