Thursday, November 4, 2010

Approaching hurdle that I put in front of myself

In case you were wondering, no issues with not going since the last one. I've been pretty diligent about getting to where I need to go, when I need to...go. So I figure more cranberry juice can't hurt me anyway, right?

Okay, so Monday is 12 weeks. That is a big day--off the progesterone shots (which terrifies me, even though NOT getting a shot in the ass every day sounds lovely), okay for sex, okay for gym (we'll see how those both work out) and if I was a "normal" pregnant person, or npp as one of my infertile friends so eloquently puts it, I'd be shouting from the rooftops and hitting Babies R Us! I'm not, of course, going to do that. In fact, I am now super worried for Wednesday.

We were given the option of doing the prenatal tests to see if you are at a higher than normal risk of chromosomal abnormalities (down's, etc) since we went through IVF. Usually women over 35 are asked if they want to. It's not like I'm 25, I'm 34, so it isn't a huge leap. From what I have read, it's a blood test and ultrasound where they check everything but specifically the skin around the fetus' neck area. If it is thick, there is a risk. This test does NOT indicate if the baby will be born with any problems, but if you are seen as high risk, you can opt for amniocentesis or another similar test.

So, now I am scared about this. We chose it, but I am worried to death. I wouldn't even have thought of it if I was a npp, but now I'm thinking bad eggs + bad sperm = bad chromosomes?? I don't know. Was the egg so bad? They picked the damn sperm. I tend to worry, if you haven't noticed. So far the ultrasounds have been a terrifying worry until I see the baby and then I am cool. Now I'll see the baby but there is something else that I can't see?? ugh. Well, we go in a week. Another long wait....

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your pee situation is sorting itself out. Best wishes for your 12week u/s! Maybe after the u/s you'll feel confident to hit up babies r us. :) Sending happy, pregnant thoughts in your direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. possibly....there is a new babies r us down the street! thanks...

    ReplyDelete