Monday, November 15, 2010

Graduation Day!

So today was officially our last appointment with Dr. God. The ultrasound looked good..we got to see how the 90 thousand dollar machine transformed our little fetus into a 3 dimensional cute little alien. I'd like to think that we paid for some of that.

So, the visit was very lighthearted. Dr. God was joking around with the nurse. When we said that the NT scan looked good on the screen, he of course said that he'd been checking the whole time so he already knew that (right). Toward the end he asked us if we wanted to know the sex. Now, the sonographer during the NT scan said that Dr. God tends to do that and is right about 50% of the time..okay... So, anyway, he showed us why and that he thought it was a girl. After he left the room, the nurse said not to bank on that, that she thinks it may be a boy, that he just likes to guess. So, after all that, it's about a 50/50 chance it's a girl, or a boy.

I have this fear that if it's a girl, someone will take our chosen name. I do know eight people who are due before us (seems like a bunch) and I am almost wondering if I should tell everyone that they can't use our name. Stay away from H!

Anyway, the nurses wished us well and said to stop by to show off the belly. I don't think I really want to do that to the infertiles in the waiting room. Maybe....

So, now we have like 2 months before the next appointment. Are you kidding me?!?! I guess that's normal but it seems crazy to me! I'm not even sure if I am supposed to call the doctor that Dr. God referred us to.

Well, I am super psyched to get to this point, but still nervous as hell, of course. We'll be telling the rest of the fam this worst kept secret we have. Then a whole new can of worms opens....

1 comment:

  1. Lol - before my whole ovary crisis, my best friend was pumping me for my favorite baby names if I get pregnant. Turns out that my favorite boy name is hers too! She gave me the ok to use it, but I wasn't quite convinced. Ahhh.. the joys of thinking you'll get pregnant before everyone else. Hopefully its still a possibility for me. Here's to hoping that no one steals your name ;)

    ReplyDelete