Friday, August 27, 2010

Retrieval Day!

Two and a half hours ago I was having my eggs sucked out. Now I am chilling on the couch. I stopped icing my swollen hand (from IV) so I could give an update. He got 10. I am a bit disappointed because he did say there could be 15 in there and we REALLY need to freeze some embryos. Last time we also got 10 and 7 fertilized, we put in two and the rest didn't make it...hence IVF #2.

The d-man was pretty disappointed in the recovery room but he is making an effort to be super positive at this point. As am I.

So, how was it? Well....I went down there with two other women who were doing the same thing. I put the gown on, got the hot towels on and talked with the anesthesia team. Of course my father-in-law stopped by, since he is also an anesthesiologist and wished me well! Once the IV was in the nurse asked if I had any questions for Dr. God, and if not she'd give me something to take the edge off. I opted for the drugs! yeah!!! It was fast, it only takes 20 minutes and I was the usual groggy coming out of it. I was initially not happy with 10, but Dr. God, as always, was pleased. Saw my father-in-law again after and the d-man of course and waited with the other women as they went in one after the other. Crazy how many people are doing this. They were nice. There is a solidarity among the fertility challenged-especially when it comes to this point, I think. I left once I was able to walk around and that's really it.

I'm in a little pain, not too bad, like cramps, which I guess they are, go figure. I plan to relax and read. I have some work to do but nothing too crazy. I'm on some antibiotics and plan to get lots of yogurt in me too.

Perhaps I'll make it outside to read. That counts as bedrest, I'm sure.

Update on the embryos tomorrow morning. I'm nervous but it's out of my hands now...

PIO shots tonight. I'll update on that for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment