Monday, August 30, 2010

transferred!

Today we did the embryo transfer--3 day. I am sure it went well, it's very quick and you pretty much know if it gets messed up. I mean, I would assume....

So, the actual transfer goes like this...wheeled into the same room Dr. God did the retrieval in but the d-man was there with me, and one of the nurses from the office. I had to have a full-ish bladder because they use ultrasound (the regular one) to watch them go in. The embryologist hands them to the doc, he shoots them in via catheter (watching the screen) and hands the tube back to the embryologist (who is in the lab through a window). She makes sure it's clear and I am sent back to the recovery room to wait it out, on an angle, for 45 minutes.

Here's the odd parts of this process....and I believe that it started with the retrieval.

I, or we, were not alone. This is of course, a good thing. But kinda weird in a way. There were two other couples having the retrieval last Friday and we were all in the recovery room together. It was like we were all connected, in a strange way, even though I don't know them or anything. Then this morning, all of us were there again, in the same order. It's not like we all chatted or anything, but the awkward connection is still bizarre.

So, I had my full-ish bladder when I got to the office...it quickly turned to way too full. The nurse said I could pee, try to keep some in there if I could, but not to worry if I couldn't. I did my best. I was rolled on in and when she began to do the ultrasound, she made some kind of comment indicating that I will probably have to go again soon...so, when I went back to wait it out, I had to go, and bad. I waited until the third woman was back in and grabbed the nurse for the bedpan. Needless to say, she was NOT surprised, but very cool about it. I probably shouldn't dwell on the pee thing, since when this friggin works, I'll be doing it a lot.

So, we transferred in three embryos, and two looked amazing, according to Dr. God. He came in and said he only wanted to do two, since two looked so great. BUT, then we asked about last time and he didn't remember what we did last time. So, we had him look at the file, and he went with the three. The d-man is NOT into Dr. God, and I am not sure I am a fan, either. If we do this again, we will probably be doing it in another office. BUT, the best of the embryos looked textbook, the second one looked great, too, and I don't know about the third one. I am glad we got three in there---ups the chances, obviously.

Now it really is a two week wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment