Saturday, August 28, 2010

oooooohhhhkay. deep breath...GROW

Well, I kept waking up this morning--early, waiting for the phone to ring with the fertilization report. I was thinking that if it was too late, it would be bad news, and I'd lose it before going to work! Got the call around 8, and all 10 were mature (I guess I did the shots right) and seven fertilized. Shit. I really wanted more. Last time we also had seven and then it was down to five and then only the two we transferred...

So, I am not sure if I am disappointed or not, oddly. I mean, I am because I really wanted some to freeze (and technically could still have like four) and this maxes out at now two chances. But I know it is better than a lot of women out there and I really believe the eggs, and hopefully the sperm, are good.

They ICSI'd (Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection) all of them. That means they injected the egg with one sperm--picked it out on purpose since some of them are shaped funny. I guess they didn't pick well on three of them, or sometimes it just doesn't happen, I don't know.

Now we wait again....24 hours, for the next call. It's out of my hands now, not that it hasn't been the whole time, but for real now. We should transfer on Monday and then we wait for two weeks! Seems so easy....hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment