Thursday, October 21, 2010

meat for the holidays....

Not to worry, this isn't turning into a mother in law blog. If that were the case, I'd probably not let my husband read it! But I had to....we were over there yesterday (and I did get a question of when is my next doctor's appointment and am I going tomorrow?? I really want to experience this pregnancy thing on our own, but that's hard when the d-man caves so quickly)

Anyway...

So in the middle of dinner, my MIL says out of the blue, "I am thinking I am going to get practical Christmas gifts this year, instead of things no one really needs. I'd like to get you two meat from the butcher to freeze. You could clean out your freezer, and have different cuts of beef wrapped in paper." I didn't really know what to say, so I said that we didn't really have a large freezer. My FIL said we could keep it in their big freezer downstairs and come over when we wanted our meat. The d-man continued to take sips of his wine; I heard nothing from him. I later said I really hope we don't get meat for Christmas. We laughed at that one.

The conversation moved on from there, but I really hope I don't open a sirloin on Christmas morning.

1 comment:

  1. haha, that made me laugh out loud! Mother in laws are so unique ;)

    ReplyDelete