Monday, September 13, 2010

So, this whole process has had me doing things that I've never heard of and I really never thought I would have to do. I mean, life is full of that, I understand that, but it doesn't change the fact that this stuff is friggin crazy.

I went in for my beta test today and told the nurse that I had a positive pee test. She was excited wanted to know how I felt, etc. I told/showed her my gut and she checked to see if Dr. God wanted to do an ultrasound. He came in and said, "I think that there are three in there...if not three, then two." Um....well, he didn't even look at me so not sure about that. He did an ultrasound and decided he wanted to drain me. I've heard this makes you feel better but the chat boards seemed to indicate that this was an IV/hospital stay kind of deal. Because it wasn't too much, though, I can do it in the office. He said he didn't want other people touching me so he wanted to do it in the office and not wait until I had to go to the hospital. I would like to avoid that as well.

Odd, as usual. It didn't hurt too much, but not the most comfortable experience. I feel better, though, than I did when I woke up...for sure.... Dr. God said he was thinking he'd do this twice a week! Um, we'll see. Could be interesting. I shouldn't have looked at the massive needle-like thing that he stuck up in there, and what came out looked like, well, it looked like beer. I didn't say that, though, but I guess I am missing that! haha. In any case, add this on to the WHOLE experience.

Now, I am waiting on the phone call.....

No comments:

Post a Comment