Sunday, September 12, 2010

OHSS update

I just ate breakfast---about 25 of my 100 grams of protein I am supposed to eat each day (I really have no idea why). I go to work in two hours, so that should be good. If I wasn't looking five months preggers right now (and I am guessing...never been there, believe it or not), the 1600-1800 calories I am resistively shoving in, mostly protein, each day would have me looking svelte. But, alas, I am not exercising, so I just feel pretty fat.

My ovaries are large, which is pushing my organs around. There may be fluid in there, too. I am really glad that I am not gaining weight, though I am probably losing to some degree, so I am probably gaining even though I am staying the same.(got that?) In any case, it isn't the 3-7 pounds per day that people who have a severe case of this deal with. I can't even imagine and I am terrified that it will get worse. It gets worse due to the HCG being secreted by my embryo(s). Big blood test on Monday, but if this isn't a sign, I don't know what is.

SO, I am living a life of a pregnant teen trying to hide her belly by buying bigger clothes and wearing bigger shirts (tough in the heat, man!). I am also drinking lots of gatorade (apparently this f's up your electrolytes) along with the protein. That, my friends, is ALL I CAN DO. Modern medicine is great because it got me here, but sucks at the same time.....

I've heard horror stories about this putting women in the hospital for 3 months, having to get drained every week, etc. I mean, I really need to work so that can't happen. If I use up the sick days now, what happens when I actually have to take maternity leave...this isn't Europe, sick and vacation days have to be used. I've read lots of different things about how long it lasts. The theory is when the placenta takes over the pregnancy, after the ovaries, that this goes away...um, that's the second trimester. I want it to go away like you wouldn't believe, but I am scared to death it will and that means the end of the pregnancy as well....

Well, add this to the drama.....I'll act as I usually do, that it sucks but no big deal. You know what, though? It IS a big deal, and it totally sucks and isn't fair. AND, I can't really tell anyone but some family and friends for obvious reasons. Sounds like a theme.... BUT, I'm keeping the blog updated because I will get through it and I'll even have a record of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment