Wednesday, May 4, 2011

commercial.......

First of all, I gotta say that when I saw this commercial on tv, I cried. LOVED IT!!!!! I had the same reaction the first time I saw it on you tube, too. Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pampers?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/6/OxbRdxbBROI

I mean, the references to howEVER the baby gets here and how it doesn't matter made me feel great. There is a huge company (who is yes, selling diapers, but appease me here) who sees so many other points of view that I felt legitimized, no matter what the church says.

Then I read the comments. It always brings me back to reality. Most seemed to be nice, but then there were the ones that pissed me off. First of all the abortion people---one said this was propaganda by the pro-lifers since there was a preggers woman in a wedding dress. Seriously? People are REACHING to get their OWN agenda out there. Of course there was the woman who commented on the opposite end, or had to agree with that. I just saw it as someone who probably didn't plan it but was having a baby anyway (her choice, just saying....). But then there was of course one that went into how wrong IVF was--unnatural! (though I was still so happy how prominent it was in the commercial) and how you should just adopt. People who are not in the situation are so friggin ignorant. I won't get into that but there is a lot that has to happen emotionally before you even get to the adoption thing, and THEN you need about 20k, so just adopting, is a big deal.

But anyway....I'm going to still love this ad, and the diapers we get will be the best bang for the buck, regardless of where they are made. So, it didn't do what it wanted necessarily for me, but I am a fan of pampers without giving them money...hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment