Saturday, May 21, 2011

TMI and TMP

Okay, first of all, I am now officially overdue. My doctor did say that the due date is a median--half of his patients go before that and half go after. Riiight. I get that, but why am I in the "after" group? I am extremely uncomfortable. We did have a crazy picnic today and I probably ate too much, but I can't imagine THAT would make me feel THIS huge. There is no room for this girl in here. Trying all the labor induction stuff, but it doesn't work. Sex may have helped, since later that night, I actually saw a little blood (yes, that's good), so maybe there is some dilation going on. One can hope.

Anyway, my time at home has been sort of productive. I did put the bouncy seat together, got the thank you cards done and mostly sent, cleaned up, finished the nursery, watched "I didn't know I was pregnant" like eight times, and began to read the books from the labor class. So, yeah, this freaked me out. I'm only through the beginning and the part about all of the tests that they do when the baby is born. There's like six that they HAVE to do, but most hospitals do more. These are like the diseases that can't be cured but if you know right away that your kid needs to avoid food or something, you can sort of have a life with the baby?? But you have to know in like two days...and THEN it says you don't get the results for 10 days? WTF?!! So, again, more information is NOT good for me.

TMP is too much pink. There is too much pink in my house, but mainly in her room! The other day I had lunch with the MIL and she brought by one of THE boxes. We've gotten, or I should say I've gotten, because sometimes I wonder if she realizes the d-man is a part of this, too, like five or six of these boxes. They are from some baby boutique. That is the kiss of death. It is WHERE one gets prissy, ugly, mostly pink outfits that ONLY a 60-year-old can love. Honestly, I've really disliked all of these outfits. Of course I don't/can 't SAY that but they are in the back of the closet for the most part and will only be put on her at grandma's when I am not around.

Of course, not all pink was from the MIL, there is a lot elsewhere but I have a possibly (or completely, if it were up to the d-man) irrational uncomfortable feeling about the MIL. I understand that the grandparents love to just buy shit...and its what they like, not what I like, I mean I GET that, but I feel like she does that kind of thing for just about everything. She comes to the room and "offers" to help with it by doing things we didn't ask for and giving us advice that we don't want. I don't say a word. Maybe I should, because she isn't going to know me at all otherwise, she has a hard time understanding me in general, but my opinion is asked in this way..."this is beautiful, don't you think?" what?? I guess the idea that her not trying to get to know me is similar to my thinking that she is trying to mold my daughter into what she wants (and I see as prissy...onsies should NOT have collars). I don't know, but it does upset me. I know d-man thinks I am horrible since she IS trying in her own way to help or be nice. BUT, to someone as independent as me, and also wanting to share everything about parenting with my husband, it's frustrating to deal with the old-fashionedness of her thinking. She thinks some things the d-man says are "silly"...like the things we've read in the baby books (new research, etc). I mean, we agree on those things and we share everything.

Oh, anyway...this will be an ongoing frustration for me. I have to somehow try to feel comfortable around her and I'm sure things will change with the baby somewhat. (I did get the stare the other day, though...she stares at me and smiles at me at the same time. I think she's trying to exude an I care for you vibe, but it kind of freaks me out.) Now, if only this baby would actually come out...

No comments:

Post a Comment