Monday, May 16, 2011

Home....

So, it's my first day as a housewife. I am not a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) yet, since even though this kid is right HERE, she's not here yet. I do not like this and I've already checked my work email twice. I've gone grocery shopping, cleaned out my car, picked up the dining room and now I am playing online. I'm glad I am home, though, because I'm not exactly comfortable and I am peeing constantly.

The plan for today is to vacuum a bit, clean downstairs what I can, pack the bag, and start the damn thank-you cards. No, this is not nesting, just what I do when I am not at work. Also, I am anal about planning and being prepared for anything, so that's what I am doing, for the most part. I want to get things done so I can read up on labor and babies and everything (there's that preparedness thing again). I wanted to do that on the patio but the on and off showers all week are literally putting a damper on that.

In addition, I have a lunch planned with my SIL, MIL, BIL and his fiance, and hopefully d-man will come. That's tomorrow and the doctor is on Wednesday. After that...I really need it to stop raining! OR, she can be born, that would be fine with me. I guess I just keep walking and doing yoga. Not sure what else to do and of course I am freaking out that she'll be late and therefore huge (and therefore extra painful especially in the recovery..or need a c-section). But, due date has not yet arrived, so I am just going to try to relax.

I did get yet another exciting end of pregnancy symptom...charlie horse. Now, I've had these before, lots of times. I've even pulled my calf running...twice and pretty badly. BUT, this was amazingly painful. F-bombs flowing at 3am. All I could think of was how labor will be worse and that scared me of course. Who knows, though? Anyway, it still hurts and I need to stretch before I walk everyday. This, and I haven't been to the gym in like two months.

So....perhaps I can keep up with the blog, but I can't imagine I'll have any exciting reports until she gets here. She wants to come out alien style, I think....since she pushes that way all the time and refuses to drop down.

Well, guess I'd better get to work....

No comments:

Post a Comment