Friday, May 27, 2011

41 weeks....and counting

Soooo, we went to the doctor's yesterday. I had the non-stress test (heart rate of the baby) and an ultrasound, which I hadn't had it a while (yes, it IS a girl). Baby is fine and there is more fluid than average but not too much. This is GOOD, because I totally though I was going to have a 10 pound baby. Afterwards we (yes, d-man came with me) had a usual appointment. I am, wait for it...not dilated. Now, as I am learning, I am not totally doing nothing down there, cervix is soft and short and something else....but not open. Well, maybe a tiny bit. BUT, it doesn't matter, I have to have everything working to be favorable.

The last appointment with the doc he told me that he was amazed that I was always in a good mood. Weakness is for wimps. This time I immediately asked about induction, which I TOTALLY don't/didn't want. He is not one of those docs who pushes it, in fact, he's the opposite. He said because I was making progress and because I never complain that I am pretty serious, so we went with Tuesday. I had talked about that date with d-man because it gives us a little more time to hope it will happen (HA) but it isn't too long...so that's it. We are either going in on Monday night or Tuesday morning. Because Monday is memorial day, we have to get VIP treatment to do this (d-mans dad is a senior member of the hospital staff, but we really don't want to piss off any nurses...). We'll probably go in Monday, though.

Plan is this, from what I understand....topical drug to "ripen" the cervix which is supposed to work overnight, then the from what I understand, horrible drug pitocin to start contractions the next day and because of the pitocin....probably epidural!

I am kinda wondering if we go in Monday if that means we leave on Wednesday morning, which is kind of scary, but maybe not. I never asked about that but maybe the two-night stay thing is after the baby is born?? who knows?

Anyway, memorial day weekend is beginning...well, tomorrow, and we are planning to swim, garden, and continue to prep. MAYBE I'll go into labor. hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment