Tuesday, June 22, 2010

filled up the summer!

Okay, so we threw caution to the wind and are going to Punta Cana for five nights and six days (or four since we have to actually get there)!!! Can we afford it? HELL NO! But we deserve it after the crap we have gone through in the past six months. We did a lot of justification for this one, since it isn't cheap. I mean we've been through the whole infertility punch to the face, and one round of IVF and we need to have a vacation--JUST THE TWO OF US. We picked a secluded adult-only all-inclusive spot to NOT get upset about seeing babies and parents, NOT listen to our families or friends or colleagues opinions and just enjoy each other (and the beach!).

We've decided to keep it quiet. No family will know and not all the friends (though since we are going to a third world country, someone will get the flight number) There is a bit of guilt associated with this, which is totally messed up. I mean we are 33 and 32 and OLD enough to go on vacation, right!? I guess since we are dropping 5k for round two and depleting the house fund on a trip to the DR, we feel a bit like this may be a selfish decision (but well, the money is OURS). Well, we won't be able to do this for a LONG time--the baby, I mean, the baby will take our time and money, we are still thinking about that whole thing---so this is it!

I begin stims the week we get back (I think??) and have an appointment for an ultrasound and bloodwork the day after we get home. RIGHT IN! I just hope I don't mistakenly drink the water. That would make for an uncomfortable visit to Dr. God's office! For him and me, I assume.

Now....to lose 10 pounds in a month (okay, 5).....

No comments:

Post a Comment