Saturday, February 19, 2011

Third trimester, holy shit!

So, it's official. According to my doctor, I am at 27 weeks as of yesterday, which by most of what I have been reading is the beginning of the third trimester. I feel like this has been the longest six months of my life...or almost 12 months, whatever. I mean I feel like we have so much to do since we have been putting things off....like getting a pediatrician, and figuring out how to friggin breast feed. But, that's okay. Three months is enough time. I hope.

Okay, the excitement this week, other than the pain and the visit to the doctor, which has gone away, was our first labor and delivery class. We are enrolled for three Thursdays. AND, we are the only couple in the class. There were two nursing students there, too, but other than that, just us. It was good. I was surprised at how, um, natural, or non-medical, it was. She was explaining (or pushing, I couldn't tell) natural labor without drugs. It was basic what happens when you go into labor stuff, but very down to earth. Next week we get a tour of the maternity ward...and we talk drugs. Should be fun!

So, the physical update is that although I wanted to gain three lbs in four weeks, it's looking like four. ugh....I suck, but it's okay. I was off the gym with the abdominal pain. Next week will be good, I swear. I feel huge, and I'm not hiding anything anymore, that's for sure. I'm still kind of pissed off that the ribs get smushed since I could totally hang if THAT felt okay. Ah, well, I'll get it back in three months.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on hitting your 3rd trimester!!! How nice that you had your own "private" L&D class. And don't kick yourself, you're supposed to be gaining weight right now!!! Here's hoping for a nice, smooth last trimester.

    ReplyDelete