Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pain and ohm.....

So, first of all, I am reclining right now, not looking forward to going to my sister-in-laws, not because I don't wan t to have dinner with them, exactly, but because I'll have to sit in a chair. I went out with a friend on Tuesday and it was good up until the check came. Oh my god, my back ribs were on fire and they are getting there now. I REALIZE there isn't much room in there, and I don't have a looooong torso, but this sucks. I always thought I'd be able to go out and hang when I was preggers, as long as I didn't have high BP or something crazy. I figured later on, the back would hurt and I'd get tired, but this I hadn't heard of. So, my intestines are getting shoved up there and that only works for so long until the pain hits.

At work, I can sort of lean back in my chair and it actually feels okay...I've figured that out, but the books all say to stand up straight or sit up straight. That totally doesn't work for me. Only in a reclining position can I stretch my torso out. I'm not going to show weakness!!!! not yet.

I went to yoga last night and I thought it would alleviate some of this. Well, no, but it rocked. I haven't been to an actual class in years so it was great. It was actually difficult. I figured prenatal yoga would be easy stretches and almost a waste, but this was pretty hard core. I'm going back! I was greeted by a guy in some kind of samurai outfit when I got there...if that's not a reason to go back, I don't know what is!

I decided to post on facebook about my experience at yoga, and it totally outed me. I hadn't really done that, and I have a friend who puts on every time the baby kicks, which is annoying as hell, so I have been the opposite. That won't change, but the response was really cool. People are happy for me and I got a lot of congrats. If they only knew....

No comments:

Post a Comment