Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day, doc!

Okay, so today is v-day, which isn't that exciting, but today has been! I had a visit to the doctor that was unexpected. This wasn't because I wanted to say hi to him, but rather because somethings up, maybe, possibly...

We spent Saturday afternoon and night with some friends and we stayed overnight in Philly. I slept horribly on a double bed with the d-man and small pillows (not the crazy preggers pillow that I have graduated to). We went to breakfast and on the walk home I started getting achy pains on my abdomen but didn't think much of it. We ran some errands, finally ordered our expensive glider, and then went home to chill out. My achy pains started to get pretty bad.

I assumed it was what I have researched as round ligament pain. It was in that location, but it was pretty constant as opposed to the sudden shooting pain that seemed to be more common with that. Well, I decided that a yoga dvd would help...nope. Then the d-man actually drew a bath for me. That was awesome, even though I made him clean the tub first and it isn't exactly a soaking tub...probably way too hot for the baby, but I felt good while I was in there. Of course, the minute I got out it came back....was pretty bad when I went to bed, but the 4 times I went to the bathroom, I was okay, just moving gingerly...on purpose.

It was better but still there so I called the doctor this morning. He said to come in this afternoon, though he doesn't think it's anything. So, I did. He said that obstetrically, all is well (which is what I was afraid of..pre term labor or something). He said that if I feel worse to call him and he could send me for an ultrasound to see if something was wrong with my right ovary (it's on the right side), or if he'll check if it's something else, like appendicitis or something. SO, I am to call if it gets worse or I get scared that it isn't getting better. I like the doc...so I have no problem doing that.

The good thing is, d-man and I get to go to the peanut butter restaurant (yes, really) that we wanted to go to tonight. Funky peanut butter sandwiches..affordable. We are so romantic. Well, d-man gave me an awesome bath WITH candles, so I guess he is ;)

SO....hopefully, the pain will subside. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment