Saturday, February 26, 2011

still hanging in there...

If it's possible to grow exponentially overnight in the belly area, I think I did it. Plus, I seemed to have put on 3 pounds since yesterday. Of course, that happened last week and went away. I think I obsess about the weight thing, because I'll bet I go down again tomorrow.

So, things are progressing...obviously getting bigger but thankfully my issues have stayed the same...the rib thing, which I will bring up every time I write, and damn I pee all the time. But that's been my life for 34 years, so I guess I'm used to it. The big issue now is all of the research that me and d-man have been reading about the vitamins I am or was taking. So vitamin D is good, or bad, but now good. Folic acid is apparently in everything we eat, plus all vitamins and guess what...causes cancer. Awesome. So, hopefully I have not screwed myself or my daughter.

There is so much crap to worry about. I feel like it's much worse now... I mean plastics are now horrible to heat up and cause cancer. The coloring in soda now causes cancer. Cell phones F up our brains. I'm not even gonna mention the texting. I suppose I can let the d-man continue to worry about it for now.

So, we got a tour of the maternity unit at our latest class. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised at it. I don't know, I figured that since much of the hospital is old and on the crappy side, it would be too. Not so. There was even a room for staff that was a suite. IF no other staff or family of staff have a baby when I do, we score. Of course if my FIL is the only anesthesiologist on when I have the baby, the epidural should be interesting. Lots of surprises...along with the whole labor and pain and blood and all that shit. Well, I've always thought of myself as tough. Guess we'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment