Monday, February 28, 2011

never ceases to amaze me

Okay, so first of all, I was pretty pissed off this past weekend because the d-man went to visit friends. I had to work on Saturday, so I couldn't go. I did spend much time cleaning and was realizing that I do much of that around here. This of course, made me angry...then I started thinking about how d-man was seemingly, at least to me, going away on weekends (well, 2) and having fun while I had to stay here and work or do baby things. So, yes, I was seriously jealous, but also had to have a talk about the cleaning thing. I really do like my job, so I understand the issues, it just sucks if he wants to go away, especially if he wants to go with his friends...out. Now, I don't need to drink to have fun, but I can't hang lately, unless I can lean back. ugh. So, we had a discussion....I think that things will be good, unless d-man wants to go away again...not sure how I will react to that one.

Anyway, on his trip, he saw some friends, mainly friends of his best friend, but close enough where they came to our wedding. He was able to see two new-ish babies, too! One of the babies' parents, he found out did IVF. It is now getting seriously common, or I am now noticing, I guess. I mean, this is a couple our age, not in their 40s or whatever....their issues had nothing to do with waiting too long. I mean, have people had these issues forever? Are we now more infertile as a whole because of hormones in milk or something else? Well, whatever the reason, I feel almost comforted to know it's not just us. It was siblings of friends, and neighbors of relatives, and now it's people I work with, friends, people I went to school with. I am not saying I am happy that so many people struggle with this, in fact, it's not a good thing, but I don't feel as alone about the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, it still sucks, but it is NOT abnormal.

Update on the actual pregnancy...well, not much to report. I think I am supposed to be counting movements now, which of course makes me nervous that she's not moving enough. I think she is but I always worry. Shouldn't she be moving more? OH, I don't know...doc next week. I'll see what he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment