Monday, December 27, 2010

christmas and the doctor, and a bit of snow...

Ah, the first overwhelming snow of the season. We got like a foot last night. Now, that in and of itself wouldn't have been that bad, but we had to visit my brother for Christmas number 3 but had to be back home because we had our first appointment with our real OB the next morning. State of Emergency in Philly...thankfully we are in the burbs. Still a hell of a ride home last night.

Anyway, the doctor was fine. I sound really healthy-minus the whole infertility thing. I did have to get weighed, after three Christmas celebrations. I figure that at least 3 of those pounds are holiday weight gain and bloating from too much sodium. SO, the 10 total pounds is really 7. I was so nervous about my blood pressure but it was actually really good. I guess I am looking for things that could go wrong. We heard the heartbeat but weren't surprised or overly excited which was probably odd to the doctor or nurse. I mean, we hear that on our own! The most dramatic part of the visit was getting there. We borrowed my in-laws four wheel drive car, which got us there in plenty of time. We got there before the doctor did, that's for sure. I like him. He's not arrogant like Dr. God, but he talks pretty fast and asked if we had any questions. My only question was are we behind the 8 ball since this is our first visit and we are 19 weeks. He said no, especially since Dr. God had such a hold on us for so long. AND I was doing fine, nothing to worry about. He did talk to us a bit about the other twin, but said it wasn't something to worry about. Little does he know of my google habit. I know all about vanishing twins.

Next hurdle is the 20 week ultrasound and blood tests and the second half of whatever genetic testing we need to do. I do hope we can see the sex, and I feel like people usually can. We don't see the OB again until the 24th. I'm cool with that. I have a lot of researching to do between now and then.

Surprisingly, we didn't get a lot of baby type stuff for Christmas. Actually the d-man and I exchanged little outfits. D-man bought Eagles onezies and I bought Phillies (mine were newborn, his were six months--that actually works with the seasons, not that d-man knew that). That's a big reason to have a baby--you get to dress it up! haha.

Okay, now to read the stuff we got at the doc's!

No comments:

Post a Comment