Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dr. visit number 2....

I went to the doc on Monday. I didn't really know what to expect and thought it would be short but it was record timing.

I see the doctor (well, eventually three different ones) at the hospital with Dr. God, my GP, and where my FIL works. Also, it's pretty close....BUT in not so nice an area. Scary, actually.

I went to the waiting room and it is pretty shabby looking (this doesn't make me happy, but I DO like the doctor) There are people in there who are local. This ain't no suburban hospital. Oddly, Dr. God's office upstairs is super nice....I think I had mentioned before that when you don't take insurance, you tend to make more money??? yep. Anyway, I got right in and got the BP taken, which was perfect, according the nurse, peed in a cup (and I really don't know what for, but that seemed to work out alright, too), and got weighed.....

Okay, up four pounds in four weeks. They say that's "normal" BUT I started out in the overweight range, according to my BMI. I am trying/hoping to not gain more than 25 pounds. um...may push that a little since I have 17 weeks and only 11 pounds to play with. I'll try to keep it under 30. I really don't want a fat kid with weight problems. She already has our genes to deal with...

When the doc came in, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know if he was going to check me out or what? He just measured my uterus, which he said was perfect. Of course my latest worry is that my cervix will weaken and I'll lose the baby. That's the last line of defense right now, so I have to be crazy about something. He didn't check it, I guess he won't. So, I'll just keep on worrying.

He also said to notice the movements (uh, I do) and see how I want to start counting them. After 28 weeks I have to either compare them to the previous day to make sure she's moving consistently, or actually chart them. Of course now that I have to pay attention I feel like she's moving less. I'm a bit paranoid. Wonder where that comes from???

So, overall good appointment. I have the glucose test soon and I hope the BP stays where it is and I don't swell up (I'm also terrified of pre-eclampsia).

Now, if I could just stop the ribs from feeling like they are on fire for most of the day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment