Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Anatomically Correct

This morning was the 20 week scan. So, hopefully due to the clever title, you have figured out that it went well. The scan itself was I guess pretty normal. Everything measured about 20 weeks and like five days, and we have a new due date of May 20th (which makes sense since that is a Friday and retrieval day was a Friday). The coolest thing was seeing the spine. It was almost the only thing that I could actually make out well. I was totally spoiled by the 90 thousand dollar ultrasound in Dr. God's office.

Of course it can't be without drama, though....we left a little later than I wanted. Not too much, but I tend to freak out when I am late and traffic sucked and was upset. The d-man was in one of his famous funks, so therefore not talkative. We got up there and the receptionist asked if we had our AFT (I think?) bloodwork taken. Never heard of it....our doctor is supposed to have us do that around 15-16 weeks. Well, due to our f'd up situation, I didn't get to my doctor until 19 weeks. I honestly think, though, that my OB thought we'd be getting bloodwork this morning. In the end, we got a script for the bloodwork and I am going tomorrow morning. The funny thing is that my OB called me to apologize this morning. I mean, he did kinda screw it up, but I did looked pissed this morning. We both did.

Anyway, we sent the pics of our little baby girl (or half-way to her) to the families and the d-man's mom called him almost crying. I got a voicemail too. Everyone was happy and I couldn't understand why. The d-man seems to think it's because it's the first time we really shared any of this with them. That's kinda true. Maybe this is the beginning of a new era.

No comments:

Post a Comment