Friday, March 30, 2012

"So, I hear you're pregnant." These are the exact words I heard two weeks ago when I was meeting some old college friends on the old campus with the families. Now, this wasn't a good friend and she was referring to the fact that the last time I saw her, I wasn't even pregnant with baby A. D-man looked like a deer in headlights. He really didn't think her comment was funny at all.

So, we were at a loss for words for a bit because we had not told anyone but a couple friends and my little brother (we were in vacation visiting him and I wasn't drinking...it was easier that way). The thing is, that hasn't changed. I don't know, I guess I am hiding it, I mean I know I am hiding it, but I don't know why. I am so afraid of something bad happening and having to deal with people KNOWING that, that I would rather wait. It's completely the same feeling as last time. I may be more scared this time, because I was drunk a few times and had raw tuna and advil. At the same time, I have no desire to rent a doplar. But, I know I am still pregnant because I feel awful. I am sick every day. This is new. Typically, I am feeling seriously nauseous after dinner through the evening. Although this morning I felt kinda sick, too, which made the gym difficult. I read today that higher levels of nausea could mean a girl....d-man will be upset. He keeps referring to to it as "little man."

Well, we will let the cat out of the bag at Easter...I'll be 11 weeks. I am a week less that I had originally thought. That's good because one of the times I know I had too many beers was BEFORE then....and oddly d-man is certain he knows when it happened. He's right, mathematically speaking. Pushing the due date later is better for work, so I hope that sticks.

Anyway...I am really trying to push through this being sick thing. It is not fun. I get to travel for work next week and have another(!) event at night on Wednesday, so I hope I make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment