Thursday, April 7, 2011

getting real....

Okay, so we got the furniture in yesterday and it looks awesome! Okay, so I totally bawled my eyes out when I went in there and sat in the glider. Not sure why, exactly but I had to leave the room. I guess it's partly because I am so happy, partly because of everything it took to get here. It's just very overwhelming. It's not bad, it's just a lot. I do hope I don't cry every time I got in there because that will make decorating pretty hellish.

Well, anyway, I saw the furniture all in place since I have been away for a few days for work. I surprised many of my colleagues that I see only a few times a year with the pregnancy. I definitely got the "you look great" a few times. I mean, I feel absolutely huge, so when people say that, I find it odd. Everyone was very nice and made a point to say good luck and congrats...well, all the women did and a lot of the men. I didn't know if anyone would say anything, so it was nice. I also got to hear about how some of the women were able to handle (successfully) their kids and their careers. The baby was super active during the meetings. I guess she was as bored as I was....

No comments:

Post a Comment