Wednesday, March 23, 2011

apparently, I am a bitch, one who compromises, but a bitch

Okay so I should explain since after reading all of my posts, I look like to most likable, sweet person ever, right? Well, I am learning that I must be harsh, because I feel like I am getting it from all sides right now.

I have to express myself over my husband's issue right now...he doesn't think I am a bitch I don't think, but he is pulling his every month or two irrational (to me) desire for me to be best buds with his ex-GF. I don't THINK it is a sexual fantasy thing but it IS odd to me. Long history but basically she hurt him significantly years ago (before me) and yet he feels like he needs to be friends with her now. I'm okay with that but he ALSO needs me to be friends with her. He says he just wants me to meet her, but I KNOW that his fantasy is to have us hit it off so she can come over and hang with the baby (not gonna happen). No I don't believe he'll leave me for her or anything, but I don't get the need. He used to have to save her all the time and I am sure there's a little bit of that there because this girl is one of those with multiple issues ALL THE TIME. I really have to desire for any stories about her but I am NOW going to waste my Tuesday and meet her and her boyfriend. Maybe it will be loud in the restaurant. One can hope.

The other revelation is how my sister in law, who is a bit odd and has trouble with socialization, thinks I don't like her and she has to walk on egg shells around me. I am not quite sure I get that one because the opposite is true. I tend to be sarcastic and she really doesn't ever get the joke and gets offended. All of her siblings do the exact same thing, but I am the one who doesn't like her....obviously it isn't true but d-man and I are going to try to be nicer. Part of it is she is much like her mom....which leads me to that...

I know I have complained about the MIL much on here, and I feel justified. I also know that I make things worse by taking them personally and may seem irrational at times. Well, d-man and I had a talk about how to have a good relationship with her. Part of it is letting comments slide...they aren't bad, but annoying as hell most of the time. I realize she is the exact (and I mean exact) opposite of who I am and she ain't changing. I am not changing, so I need to just let it go. I don't really want to but perhaps if I do, then she'll start to figure out or make an effort to get to know who I am....meaning a different perspective. We'll see how that goes. I'll keep you posted on this....it shall be interesting.

So, on top of being pregnant, I have to be different....sweet....well, I'll put on a happy face Tuesday. ONCE shouldn't be the end of the world, as long as d-man knows it's once. Who know being independent was so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment